CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 07, 2008

diary of potty training an 18 month old...

Welcome to my diary...sort of. Today began day 1 of potty training Toby. For those of you who don't know I come from a family where everyone from my nieces to my father have all been potty trained at 18 months. So, here we are. Today was actually a really good day. I was afraid that I'd be out of undies by noon, but here's how it went...

8:00 put big boy undies on
8:30 first accident
9:30 2nd accident
11 first successful pee on the potty!
12:30-3 napped (slept in a diaper)
4:00 2nd successful pee on potty!!
6:15 3rd successful pee on potty!!!

I am really proud of him, but at this age it's as much me training myself by watching the clock and putting him on the potty in time to set him up for success as it is him knowing that he needs to go. We'll see what tomorrow holds. I am going to do my best to update the blog daily so that you can follow our successes and failures (hopefully not too many of those)
Toby sporting the new briefs!
like father like son!
On another note...Toby is about done with the high chair. He really likes to sit in a regular chair at the table with us, so we created a make-shift booster seat. He LOVES it and even tries to crawl in it on his own. We are keeping a REALLY close eye on him these days.
(In case you where wondering...today was a really hot day, so we limited the clothing we wore)

8 comments:

life with the wisners said...

ok, first of all, where has all of your kid's baby fat gone? i'm sure you're asking the same thing. but is he four years old or something? my WORD!

and i couldn't go to sleep without saying WHAT IN THE FREE WORLD ARE YOU DOING POTTY TRAINING YOUR EIGHTEEN MONTH OLD AND WHAT WAS YOUR FAMILY SMOKING????

if you have any success, let me know. my daughter is going to be two in three weeks, and we don't even go there. course, big h wasn't potty trained until three and a half.

i read the title of your post and said OUTLOUD, 'surely not.'

props, kc. mad props.

Auntie Joannie said...

Good job Toby!!! He looks so grown up in the underwear. Hope Momma is feeling good. Love to all of you

Unknown said...

i recommend the kaboost seat. check it out online. it goes under your chair and lifts it up so you don't have to have a booster seat. :)

Leyla Moss said...

Hi
My name is Leyla Moss and I am from Mexico but I live in Arizona. I was looking tips for potty training in google and I saw your blog.
I am potty training my 18 month old ( actually he’ll be 18 the 29th ) and today is the first day. It is so hard I am going crazy it is so frustrating. How did you do it? How long did it take with your son? I don’t know if I can do this! I would appreciate your help!

Leyla Moss
please!! write me to leylamoss@hotmail.com
thank you!!

dgarroway98 said...

Average age for potty-training around the world is 12-months. USA? 3 YEARS! Why? Pampers pay big bucks for you to believe your child has no control. IT IS NOT TRUE!

Congrats to TOBY and his MOM. Here is our story with more details on the process we took!

http://pottytrainingatoddler.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I also was googling some tips on potty training and ran into your blog. I did not think my son was ready but you gave me faith in my son. Today is his first day potty trainging. It is 12 pm and he has had two accidents and he just had his first successful pee in the potty. I want to thank you for going threw the trouble for posting a blog about this or I would have waited till he was 2. He will turn 18 months on the 14 of July!

Anonymous said...

mmmm baby boy let me get u naked and suck u off

Anonymous said...

love to pull his cute trainers aside and see how much c--k he can take